[Users] Compiling Openser for best performance on Solaris SPARC

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:52:49 CET 2007

Hi.

Currently I am installing Openser 1.2.0 on a Sun Fire T2000 running Solaris
10.
Although I used an optimized version of GCC for SPARC Systems, and used the
recommended settings to generate accurate code for my Processor (UltraSPARC
T1), the results of the performance tests are just 50% of the presented ones
on the web page.

My setup is the following:

Proxy and UAS: Sun Fire T2000, 8 GB RAM, 1 UltraSPARC T1 1.2 GHZ 6 Core.
UAC's: Two domain of a Sun Fire 12K, 4 GB RAM, 4 UlraSPARC III+ 900 Mhz
Software versions listed as on the webpage.

openser -V output:
version: openser 1.2.0-notls (sparc/solaris)
flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MEM,
SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT-NOSMP
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, select, /dev/poll.
svnrevision: unknown
@(#) $Id: main.c 1827 2007-03-12 15:22:53Z bogdan_iancu $
main.c compiled on 21:43:51 Mar 19 2007 with gcc 4.0.3

I would thank any idea about how could I improve the performnace of my
setup. I think that because of the hardware specifications, the result
should be at least equal than listed.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Sergio Gutiérrez.