[Users] RHEL/Fedora equivalents of deb packages in RPM SPEC

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 20 20:34:46 CET 2007

The BuildPrereq lines in the RPM SPEC file for Fedora Core
(openser.spec.fedora) supplied with 1.2.0 references debian names for
the package (e.g. libxml2-dev -> libxml2-devel).  Before I waste too
much time finding the equivalent RHEL and/or Fedora Core packages that
do the job, I thought I would ask her if anyone else has done so.

If not, I'll make sure to submit patches for the SPECs once I figure
them out.  I am really looking to build on RHEL4 but clearly will need
to grab some RPMs from Fedora Core....

Please no religious rants about Debian vs. RHEL vs. Fedora vs. SuSE and
so on:-)

/a