[Users] xmpp module

Sebastian Murray-Roberts sebmurray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:56:11 CET 2007

Hi,

I just have a question about the new xmpp module.

I have set up an OpenSER box as a presence server using the presence module,
and everything is working fine, messaging and presence. Now I would like to
allow those users to communicate with users logged into a jabber server. My
first question is can presence information be exchanged between OpenSER and
the jabber server? If so, how is this achieved since the xmpp module only
has an xmpp_send_message() method.

Also, just to make sure I understand how the module works, would this be a
correct summary of the module's functionality for a SIP to Jabber message
with a response:

User A registers with OpenSER.

User B registers with jabber server (OpenFire)

User A sends a message to sip:User B*<jabber_domain>@<gateway_domain> with
from details :
sip:User A*<openser_domain>@<gateway_domain>

OpenSER forwards the request to the gateway

Gateway translates the message and sends it to the jabber server

Jabber server delivers message to User B

Jabber server sends response to gateway with to details: User
A*<openser_domain>@<gateway_domain>

Gateway forwards response to sip:User A@<openser_domain>

Is that more or less correct, or am I off the mark?

Finally, if that is the case, would User A need to be registered on the
jabber server already?

I've never worked with presence before, so I'm still trying to get to grips
with it. Any comments/insights are much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Murray-Roberts (B.Sc Hons)
Server Developer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: E-MAIL
This e-mail is confidential.  If you receive it by mistake, please delete it
and notify the sender immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy or publish any information
contained herein.