[Users] OpenSER performance tests

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Mar 14 15:12:05 CET 2007

Hi Henning,

Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 13:19, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> based on the newly 1.2.0 OpenSER release, we ran some tests in order to
>> give some realistic numbers about the performances of OpenSER. I think
>> it is a very useful information for our community or other interested
>> people.
>> [..]
>>

> First of all congratulation to the successful release!

thanks you.
> The numbers from your tests looks really good, over 8000 request per second
> with standard hardware is very impressive.
This is a common mistake (no offence :) ) - we got 8000 *CALLS* per
second, where a call is formed of INVITE + reply + ACK + BYE + reply
(see call-related section).
For simple transactions for second, we got 15000 - a transaction is
counted as request + reply.

I notice in several other tests this confusion about a call and
transaction - and that was why we decided to do separate tests for each,
to avoid any doubts about what actually was measured.
>  Have you run some of the tests
> against e.g 1.1 or 0.9.5, to see how fast is the old version in comparison to
> the new code?

unfortunately no, because of time restrains :(
> Also, nice documentation work, it should be easy to reproduce the test with
> other hardware or another release.

regards,