[Users] Compiling new OpenSER 1.2.0 on Solaris 8 fails

Peter Edwards peter.3.edwards at bt.com
Tue Mar 13 21:16:49 CET 2007

Hi, all.

I have a Solaris 8 server which happily builds a nightly CVS build I
retrieved from CVS on 16/12/06.

When I heard that 1.2.0 had been released, I downloaded this tarball:

http://www.openser.org/pub/openser/latest/src/openser-1.2.0-tls_src.tar.gz

However, I'm having difficulties compiling it.

To avoid a couple of symbol referencing errors, I added:
  -DDBG_QM_MALLOC \
and disabled:
  #-DF_MALLOC \

in the DEFS variable definition in Makefile.defs.

I reached this by trial and error and by comparing the differences in
the file from the working nightly build I can compile and the latest
release tarball.

However, I'm still getting:

warn                                cfg.tab.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to openser
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [openser] Error 1

Can anyone put me out of my misery? ... I'm not a C guru and am
struggling a bit.

Peter.