[Users] OpenSER v1.2.0 released

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Mar 12 19:31:19 CET 2007

Hello,

version 1.2.0 of OpenSER has been released. It is major release, which
means that you get along a lot of new features and improvements to
existing ones in old versions. The configuration file and database
structure suffered some changers, please read careful release notes to
learn how to update.

Just to list few of the new features:
- SIMPLE Presence support
(http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/presence:presence-module)
- SNMP (http://openser.org/docs/modules/devel/snmpstats.html)
- PERL API (http://openser.org/docs/modules/devel/perl.html)
- JAVA SIP Servlet Application Server (http://wesip.eu)
- script variables and transformations
(http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/transformations:devel)
- DNS failover
- IP blacklists
- XMPP IM gateway
- XMLRPC
- SIP session timers
- secure federation peering
- retransmission timer accuracy
- usrloc refurbished for better performances
- automatic error handling
- AVPs in reply routes

Read full release notes at:
http://www.openser.org/mos/view/OpenSER-v1.2.x-Release-Notes/

Source tarball can be downloaded from:
http://www.openser.org/pub/openser/latest/src/
Or SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=139143&package_id=224973

This is the first release coming out o SVN. Old CVS repository was
migrated to SVN, and with these, a few changes apply to get sources from
repository. Please read instructions from download page:
http://www.openser.org/mos/view/Download/

Migration instructions (although not complete, I'm sure) are available at:
http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:1.1.x-to-1.2.x

The documentation for modules is posted at:
http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/

We would like to thank to all developers and contributors for their work
with coding and testing for this new release.

Cheers,
Daniel