[Users] AVP management

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Wed Mar 7 10:16:35 CET 2007

Hello Ovidiu,

On 03/06/07 20:54, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There are modules that are using default values for AVPs.
> What will happen if another module is reusing the same AVP?
> Or if the AVP is redefined inside the script?
> Is this completely orthogonal?
> Should I worry about this while using AVPs?
we are on the way to remove those hidden stuff. Not sure all will be
done for this release. Modules like TM, registrar, auth, dispatcher,
siptrace, nathelper were cleaned. Still lot of others use the avps. So
far only auth/auth_db use $avp(s:rpid) for rpid management. Being there
for long time, should be left at least for this release and prepare
users for the next release. For the other modules, the avp names were
set to NULL, so if they are to be used, the name has to be set for them.
Also, the AVP names for these modules must be now in full format $avp(xyz).

Cheers,
Daniel