[OpenSER-Users] Openser as reverse proxy

Fri Jun 29 08:25:56 CEST 2007

hdpml wrote:
> Dear Mailinglist,
>
> I am a rookie in SER and joined this mailinglist a few minutes ago. Hope
> you can help me with my question.
> I found ser at my search for a sip / rtp proxy. I want to install the
> following scenario:
>
> client -> Internet or WLAN -> SER proxy + rtpproxy(DMZ) -> Asterisk
> (Internal LAN)
>
> Is it possible with openser that the authentication is passed through to
> asterisk and openser accept the call if the user is valid?
> My idea is, not to have any userdata on the SER proxy. I just want that
> the proxy forwards the request to the asteriskserver and checks if the
> REGISTER is OK or not. If the user is invalid, the proxy should deny
> requests from this user to the asteriskserver.

You have 2 options:
1. Openser challenges/authenticates the user
2. Asterisk challenges/authenticates the user

If you use option 2, openser has to forward the requests to Asterisk.
Thus, ALL requests must be forwarded to asterisk as openser does not
know if the supplied credentials are correct or not.

regards
klaus