[OpenSER-Users] Re: [Users] regarding memory usage

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Jun 21 11:16:42 CEST 2007

Hello,

as said in the other email, I assume you are running an older version of
openser and have a lot of location (aliases) entries. I paste from the
other email:

Older versions used to load everything in private memory and then move
to shared memory. With openser 1.2.x, that problem is gone, as it is
using db fetch mechanism. Also, the server is no longer blocked during
immediately at startup.

Just let me know the numbers in location/aliases to see a roughly
estimation of required memory. The best is to migrate to 1.2.1, which
solves this problem in a nice way, also is much faster in usrloc when
dealing with large number of records.

http://www.openser.org/docs/openser-performance-tests/#ul-tests

Cheers,
Daniel