[Users] Accounting Bye packet Issue

vallimamod abdullah vabdulla at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:58:18 CEST 2007

Hi Dan,

> From: "Dan" <fiedler.dan at gmail.com>
> To: <users at openser.org>
> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:45:41 +0530
> Subject: [Users] Accounting Bye packet Issue
>
> I am facing a peculiar issue with accounting. BYE packets are getting rejected
> with error message: 478 Unresolvable destination.

>From your logs, I see:

U 59.176.78.110:50496 -> 210.68.65.78:5060
BYE sip:210.68.65.78 SIP/2.0.
Route: <sip:@209.67.171.10;transport=udp>
                ^^^^

The bye packet is broken as you don't have the username part on the
Route header uri.

> This happens only in case I use ATA for calling and with some gateways only.
> With the same gateway if I call using xlite, accounting works fine. I am
> unable to find out the reason.

I haven't worked with these phones but it seems to me that they are
doing strict routing like some pre-rfc3261 devices.  In "normal" case,
the first line would have looked like:

BYE  sip:user at 210.68.65.78 SIP/2.0

without the route header.

Hope this will help.