[Users] pb with install the Openser and Module SQL

li wang li.wang119 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:25:59 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I got an error while using openser to set up the presence server in my
Debian post:

I have installed openser_1.2.0-0_i386.deb, but i don't find mysql.so in
/usr/lib/openser/modules. So i go install the
openser-mysql-module_1.2.0-0_i386.deb.

It is installed but with a problem of dependance :
openser-mysql-module depends libmysqlclient14
while libmysqlclient15 installed in my post.

however, i can run the script openser_mysql to set up the data base.

But when i restart OpenSER after edit the /etc/openser.cfg to support mysql,
i got error like this:

pc7:/usr/lib/openser/modules# /etc/init.d/openser restart
Not starting openser: invalid configuration file!

0(15900) ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/lib/openser/modules/mysql.so>: libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open
0(15900) parse error (44,13-14): failed to load module
ERROR: bad config file (1 errors)
0(15900) INFO:mi_fifo:mi_destroy:memory for the child's mi_fifo_pid was not
allocated -> nothing to destroy

But libmysqlclient14 is obsolete in the Debian repositories, there is only
libmysqlclient15.
Don't you have encounter the similar problem?
Please help me. Thanks!

My linux distribution is Linux 2.6.18-4-686.

li