[Users] application via voip?

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.de
Tue Jun 5 02:55:42 CEST 2007

Hello,

Matthew Pease wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Not really sure where to post this question as I am just starting to
> research this issue.
>
>  We'd like an all VOIP solution where we have a telephone number that
> terminates at our server.
>
> At our server, we'd like to:
>
> 1.  get their phone number via caller ID.  look up data with the caller id.
>
> 2.  generate a wave file based on the data returned & play it to the
> user over the established voip link.
>

> How is this done?   Totally new to the game here.
>
> I've read about DID origination, SIP channels, SIP peers...   its all
> quite confusing!
>
> I'm a java developer, so something that works via Java would be great,
> but scripting in various languages is no big deal.  The application
> doesn't need to do much more than query a database & choose a WAV file
> to play back based on that info.
If python is ok for you, SEMS' ivr application might be useful to you.
Have a look at the python part of the app tutorial
(http://www.iptel.org/sems/sems_application_development_tutorial), and
Juha's db based announcement application:
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/semsdev/2007-May/001477.html where you
will probably replace self.dialog.user with some part of
self.dialog.remote_uri or self.dialog.remote_party to have the
announcement dependent on caller and not called party.

Stefan

> Thank you--
> Matt Pease
> ParkingHero, Inc.