[OpenSER-Users] Info about "TM/473 Filtered"?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Jul 31 11:52:57 CEST 2007

El Tuesday 31 July 2007 11:25:15 Klaus Darilion escribió:
> Henning Westerholt wrote:
> > On Monday 30 July 2007, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> >> Hi, I'd like to understand how TM module filters "sometimes" some calls.
> >> For now, I just think it there isn't response and the call is repeated
> >> sometimes then TM module filteres the following calls.
> >>
> >> I find no info about how it works in the doc, could somebody give me a
> >> link or so to a document with the explanation of this issue?
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot.
> >
> > This cause for this problem is probably the auto blacklisting feature of
> > openser, that is unfortunally (IMHO) enabled by default.
>
> To start the discussion again: Haven't we come to the conclusion that
> the blacklist should be turned of by default?

The doc is a little confusing:

Extracted from
http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:1.2.x#disable_dns_blacklist:

 * disable_dns_blacklist
       Can be 'yes' or 'no'. By default it is enabled.

So, does "enabled" mean "yes" (so blacklist is dissabled) or "no" (so
blacklist is enabled)?

I understand it means "no" so blacklist is enabled by default. But in the mail
of the author it appears:

To use it, you have to enabled it - the rest is done automatically.
    disable_dns_blacklist = no
By default is enabled

Humm, a little confusing IMHO.

Regards.