[OpenSER-Users] a=nortpproxy:yes in SDP and fix_nated_*

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:40:00 CEST 2007

Hey everyone,

When I'm doing sequential forking I'm seeing that for each gateway that
doesn't answer and I move forward
in the list of available gateways to forward the INVITE to, openser adds an
"a=nortpproxy:yes" into the SDP
so what happens is that the final gateway which is alive receives the sip
header with multiple lines
of "a=nortpproxy:yes" repeating themselves in the SDP and throws away the
packet.

>From my browsing in nathelper's code I see the only place that writes a
"a=nortpproxy:yes" string to
the SDP is the fix_nated_sdp function, and I'm actually not using it in my
cfg but rather using
fix_nated_register and fix_nated_contact which from what the README says are
not handling
the SDP part.

And so I'm asking, where could it be coming from?
And also, it would be easier if I can insert a piece of code that can do
some regular expression
miracles with the SIP header and remove any duplicate lines of the
"nortpproxy" string.

I'm running on openser 1.1.1

Thanks,
Lir.