[OpenSER-Users] Multidomain support

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Jul 23 17:06:30 CEST 2007

Hi, I want to mantain independent domains in OpenSer. In my case I've a
OpenSer with a single DNS A record and various CNAME (I still don't want to
play with SRV and so).

so:

  DNS A = openser.domain.org
  CNAME = sip1.domain.org
  CNAME = sip2.domain.org

And I want users of sip1.domain.org and sip2.domain.org, as independent
groups.

I just want to avoid SIP interdomain messages, so 200 at sip1.domain.org CAN'T
invite 300 at sip2.domain.org even if he does authentication.

I've loaded "domain" module and use "is_uri_host_local()"
and "is_from_local()" functions, but for now I only used one domain.

My question is very general: for implement (or avoid) interdomain
comunication, do I need to use the "domainpolicy" [1] module? I've read its
doc and know it's based in 3 drafts [2][3][4], but all of them seems to be
based in the complex NAPTR record and so. Is it the way?

I think I could just compare the FROM domain with the TO domain in order to
avoid interdomain communication, but of course I'd like in the future the
possiblity of allowing some domains to contact some other domains. Is
then "domainpolicy" the solution I should learn?

Any other doc about it?

Thanks for any help.

[1] http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/domainpolicy.html
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-lendl-domain-policy-ddds-02.txt