[OpenSER-Users] TM request function - callback data parameter

Tiberius DULUMAN tiberius_d at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 15:35:54 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm confused with the callback data parameter of request function of TM
module: does TM takes the ownership of the callback data? I've seen that, if
there is an error, t_request function frees the callback data. Also, I've
seen empty_tmcb_list function that free that callback data, too.

I've checked other modules, to see how do they use this parameter, and I've
got even more confused.

msilo.c : it initialize the pointer from an int; there is a problem in
request function from uac.c file, after the 'err:' label, when 'if (cp)
shm_free(cp)' is executed.

pua.c and send_publish.c: the callback functions free the callback data
parameter; if the TM took the ownership, then that memory is freed twice.

So, what is the right way to handle the memory pointed by callback data?

Thank you