[OpenSER-Users] SipSpy Usage

Helmut Kuper helmut.kuper at ewetel.de
Fri Jul 20 08:58:08 CEST 2007

Hi

I discovered, downloaded and installed SipSpy yesterday. I had also
problems to get in touch with my spyAgents firstly. the I found that you
have to check the Connected checkbox for each Agent in connectionManager

Additionally you have to set the Device select box to any to be sure u
miss no network interface on your sip server.

Do a simple "telnet <IP_OF_SPY_AGENT_SERVER> 23332" from SipSpy machine

If you receive some text and xml stuff then the connection is ok. Enter
"quit" to close connection and go on an check sipAgents parameters to
avoid binding and listening on wrong IP addresses and interfaces.

If everything seems ok to you move on with network debugging

- -check for local firewalls on SipSpy's and spyAgent's machine
- -check for firewalls or packetfilters in the networkpath between SipSpy
and spyAgent

Good luck
helmut