[OpenSER-Users] New module for OpenSER: The LDAP module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Jul 17 10:13:22 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 07/17/07 10:31, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Monday 16 July 2007 17:12:07 Christian Schlatter escribió:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I'm glad to announce the addition of a new module for OpenSER called
>> "LDAP module". This module implements the following features:
>>
>> * LDAP search function taking an LDAP URL as input
>> * LDAP result parsing functions to store LDAP data as AVP
>> * Support for accessing multiple LDAP servers
>>

>> * LDAP SIMPLE authentication
>>

> Is there planned a module ldap_auth to proxy authentication as mysql_auth and
> so?

there is an auth_ldap on the tracker, but I think doesn't make sense to
add it as the auth module can perform authentication taking the username
and password from pseudo-variables (including AVP). So, the same
functionality is achieved by loading username and password in AVPs using
the ldap module, and perform authentication via auth module.

The ldap module has a lot of good stuff related to connection to server,
failover, etc., and should be preferred to be used. I tried to start a
tutorial about LDAP auth with OpenSER, should give you some hints to
begin, contributions there are welcome.

Cheers,
Daniel