[OpenSER-Users] Rewrite SDP for music of hold

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Jul 9 15:50:47 CEST 2007

Hi, I'm starting using OpenSer with Asterisk.

In calls passing through Asterisk the caller or callee get music on hold of
Asterisk when is put on hold. But of course, direct calls between OpenSer
users don't get this music.

I'm thinking in the posibility of detecting "on hold" reinvites (maybe reading
the "a=sendonly" of SDP body) and rewriting the SDP IP contact to a music on
hold server.

I have no idea if this is possible. The first issue is how to set up a RTP
music streamer for pointing there the SDP c header. Does "this" RTP music
streamer exist? of course Asterisk is not a solution since I don't want to
manage INVITE's, just rewrite the SDP.

Second issue is: could be rewriting the SDP always sucessfull? what about
cases with more than one RTP session as audio+video?

So, is there any solution for offering music on hold with OpenSer?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es