[OpenSER-Users] 204 Response from XCAP-Lite for OpenSer, Is this a Bug

Kirti Dhingra kirti.dhingra at aricent.com
Thu Jul 5 09:59:18 CEST 2007

Hi ,

I have a problem setting up the XCAP-Lite server v1.0.2.

After setting up Apache2 with all required modules, virtual host etc. I
try to use my own Presence Client to write the presrules and
resource-list.xml to the database. This failes.

I have successfully installed Apache2 with pear (+ extensions), php, mysql
support.
I created a virtual host with the following settings:

<VirtualHost 10.203.144.228:80>
                 <Location "/">
                                 Dav On   #necessary for PUT method
                 </Location>

                ServerName          10.203.144.228
                 DocumentRoot        /var/www/   #/var/www/xcap-root
didn't work
                 RewriteEngine       On
                 RewriteLog                  /var/log/apache2/rewrite.log
                 RewriteLogLevel     4
                 RewriteRule         /xcap-root/(.*) /xcap-root/index.php
                 ProxyVia            On
</VirtualHost>

I putted all files from XCAP-Lite archive in /var/www/xcap-root.

After using PUT method through my client I receive the 204 No content
message.
The interesting part is that the database content doesn't change, but
putted XML file overwrites index.php instead.

Does anybody know why the access to database does not work? Password etc.
in config.php is ok.

A similar problem was also faced by Sebastian and is available here
http://www.openser.org/pipermail/users/2007-April/010537.html, however no
response to the query can be seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Kirti Dhingra

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent  and is intended solely for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."