[OpenSER-Users] RE: SIP Trunking in openser

Dan-Cristian Bogos dan.bogos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:22:10 CEST 2007

Hi Rizwan,

there can be more ways of implementing your scenario.

Here are two of most popular ones:

1. Using rewritehost("IP_OF_YOUR_PROVIDER") and then call t_relay() to
send the request out.
2. Using directly t_relay("IP_OF_YOUR_PROVIDER") without rewriting the
RURI host.

The difference between the two approaches is that in the case of
rewritehost() function u will alter the domain of RURI forcing it to
be the ip address of your provider.
In the second case, u will no longer alter the domain, but instruct
t_relay() not to find the route by itself (no dns lookup or any other
way) but send the request as it is to the IP which u specify specify.

For more info, please consult the documentation of the two functions:
http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:1.2.x#rewritehost_sethost
http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/tm.html#AEN345

Hope that helps,
DanB