[Users] want to try out openSER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Jan 29 10:16:59 CET 2007

Hello,

On 01/29/07 10:27, Ahsen wrote:
> Hello !
>
>  I have an problem with the SER ..therefore I want to install the
> OpenSER, but before I install it I want to know whether it can solve my
> problem or not.
>
> I got an shell script which starts a java application , there are no
> problem with it. But when I start the script with SERs exec module
> (exec_msg() ) the java application does not support german charset and
> replaces german spellings with "?". The problem do not occur when I
> start the shell script manually. I have testet a lot of thinks but the
> problem still exists.
>
> So can someone tell whether he/she has such a problem with OpenSER or
> not or have an idea how I can solve the problem with SER ?
>
> If not I would try out OpenSER !

I think the problem is somewhere in the java application. There must be
a way to set the character set there. What can bring openser devel
version to help you writing Java applications for VoIP is the WeSIP SIP
Servlet application server http:www.wesip.eu with the seas module from
openser:
http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/seas.html

Note that this requires development version of openser. FYI, in
addition, this version includes another way to write external
applications, via the new module 'perl'
(http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/perl.html), that allows one
to write extensions in perl and execute them inside openser -- you can
access structures and functions from openser, in a similar way of AGI
interface for asterisk.

Cheers,
Daniel