[Users] TLS between Openser and UAs

Tue Jan 23 19:04:47 CET 2007

Hi!

1. your SIP phones must be configured to use TLS as transport (either
manually or by setting up NAPTR records and SRV records for TLS (RFC 3263)).

2. Configure openser to listen for TLS.

3. check in openser.cfg if the clients use TLS

if !(is_fromgw) {
   if (proto != TLS) {
     sl_send_reply("403","use TLS");
     exit;
   }
}

Make a certificate and CA for your SIP proxy. Install the CA cert into
your SIP clients (because they have to verifiy th3 certificate presented
by the proxy).

regards
klaus

regards
klaus

Jayesh Nambiar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to implement Openser with TLS. But my requirement is as follows:
> I wanted that all the UAs that register to my Openser Server  should come through TLS and when I forward that call to my PSTN gateway it should go through UDP.
> While forwarding I understand that it can be done using t_relay_to_udp() but how can the first part be achieved.
> I needed that all the registrations and subsequent messages between Openser and UAs be in TLS. Is this possible, and if yes what all certificates will be required on my server side and the UA side?
> The documents only mention about TLS transport between servers/proxies.
>
> Please someone help me as I am new to TLS and my understanding related to TLS is not that good.
>
> Thanks,
>
> w/regards,
> Jayesh

Klaus Darilion