[Users] About the realm

Howard Tang howard615 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 11:52:38 CET 2007

Hi,

I have (silly) question about the realm for authenication which I am
not able to fix it.

Currently, i have the following config.

        if (uri==myself) {
                if (method=="REGISTER") {
                        # Uncomment this if you want to use digest
authentication
                        if (!www_authorize("1.1.1.1", "subscriber")) {
                                www_challenge("1.1.1.1", "0");
                                exit;
                        };
                        if (!check_to()) {
                                sl_send_reply("401", "Unauthorized");
                                exit;
                        };
                        consume_credentials();
                        save("location");
                        exit;
                };

                if (method=="INVITE") {
                        if (!proxy_authorize("1.1.1.1","subscriber")) {
                                proxy_challenge("1.1.1.1","0");
                                exit;
                        }
                        if (!check_from()&& !does_uri_exist()) {
                                sl_send_reply("403", "Use From=ID");
                                exit;
                        }
                        consume_credentials();
                };

                lookup("aliases");
                if (!uri==myself) {
                        append_hf("P-hint: outbound alias\r\n");
                        route(1);
                };

My problem is user can only register or make phone call using 1.1.1.1
as a domain. I have setup a domain name on this ip address. for
example sip.proxy.com. when i set up sip.proxy.com as the domain/proxy
address in the UA, i was not able to register and received a 503
service unavailable.

What do i need to do to allow user register using ip address or the
host/domain name at the same time? currently i have it working for ip
address only.

In the subscriber tables-domain column, i have ip address for the
users, do i need to add another entry with the domain name in the
domain column instead of he
ip address? if that is the case, i will have 2 username which the same
number in the table.

Please help.
--
Howard Tang