[Users] Best practice for DNS failover using OpenSER?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Sun Jan 14 19:23:44 CET 2007

Interesting solution, maybe using an undefined algorithm in dispatcher
functions helps, since it will use the first entry, and if failover is
turned on, the next addresses will be loaded in AVP list -- no need for
choosing the round robin. Adding a new id for an algorithm of selecting
the destinations in the order they are in the list sounds like a good idea.

On the other hand, the plan is to have th DNS failover available in the
next major release, 1.2.0.

Cheers,
Daniel

>>> c. +46 705 391365