[Users] New OpenSER Config Generator features

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Tue Feb 27 16:20:13 CET 2007

Hi,

>> - user-aliases: You can now assign aliases to local users. This is
>> especially useful for mapping numeric numbers to SIP accounts for PSTN
>> inward dialing.
> the aliases are based usrloc or db_aliases module?

They are based on usrloc, an option for db_aliases is planned though.

>> - cli-pai: This feature allows the provisioning of arbitrary SIP URIs,
>> which are inserted into a P-Asserted-Identity Header for outgoing
>> calls. This for example allows the signalling of a numeric CLI to a
>> PSTN gateway (so it’s the opposite of user-aliases).
> maybe you should have the option to use RPID or PAI.....

Right. I just left RPID out for now, since CLIR is handled a bit
different (own privacy header for PAI opposed to header parameter for
RPID). Thus, I left this one out until server-side CLIR is implemented
(which will be next week).

>> - ring-timeout: You can now dynamically set the ring-timeout (or, more
>> specifically, the fr_inv_timer) per local callee.
> it is only the support, or there is some script to load the timeout
> values from a DB?

The value is loaded by the usr-preferences feature. The ring-timeout
feauture then uses the AVP.

Regards,
Andreas