[Users] new MediaProxy release 1.8.2

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sat Feb 24 17:31:11 CET 2007

Adrian Georgescu wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> Both mysql and radius accounting are enabled through configuration. You
> do not have to change any line of code to make the accounting working. I
> hope other people on the list can provide you with some help with
> configuration for your operating system, python and mysql client version.

Totally W R O N G!

Let me detail code directly from the v1.8.2 tarball:

## We use this to overwrite some of the settings above on a local basis
if needed
readSettings('Accounting', AccountingConfig)
readSettings('Database', DatabaseConfig)

#try:
#    from mysql import *
#except ImportError:
#    if AccountingConfig.accounting == 'database':
#        error("The MySQLdb module which is required to do accounting is
missing")
#        raise
#try:
#    from radius import *
#except ImportError:
#    if AccountingConfig.accounting == 'radius':
#        error("The pyrad module which is required to do accounting is
missing")
#        raise

ModulesPath = os.path.realpath((os.path.dirname(__file__) or '.'))
ProgramName = os.path.splitext(os.path.basename(sys.argv[0] or 'python'))[0]

I am by no means a python expert but it seems # is a comment character.

Someone please enlighten me how commented code can be turned back on via
configuration. I am dying to know - Seriously.

Jeremy McNamara