[Users] CISCO & OpenSER & more ...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Feb 22 22:59:02 CET 2007

Hello Greg,

On 02/22/07 23:18, Greg Fausak wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I guess the cat's out of the bag!
:-)
> We've been using OpenSER for quite some
> time.  I'm very happy with it's performance and flexibility.  New
> features are
> introduced quite quickly without creating a big unstable mess.  The
> performance is
> very good, we are able to route and account for calls predictably.
thanks for your kind words!

> One of my favorite things to do around here is to watch the traffic
> labs stress
> the call routing implementation.  We are able to sustain 60 call per
> second and
> burst to 200.   It's fun to watch (I know, I'm a geek).
... geeks all around :-)

> Anyway, we are looking forward to the 1.2 features.  Specifically, we
> will be giving the
> naptr/srv stuff a run for the money...
indeed, 1.2 is just around the corner. It was deployed on several trials
with hundreds online users and core + main modules run for weeks very
stable. We fight now to cover the new modules as well. As said
previously, there is a lot of new stuff since 1.1, and hope the
migration goes smoothly for everybody (adequate docs and tools will be
available) -- trying too meet as much as possible one of our goals:
making the upgrades very easy by releasing every 6-8 months.

Cheers,
Daniel