[Users] OpenSER Configuration Generator

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Thu Feb 22 18:19:08 CET 2007

Andreas Granig wrote:
> Feedback is of course very much appreciated.

One thing I noticed thus far.   When selecting the MediaProxy option,
why do all of the rtpproxy options get set?

modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_sock", "unix:/var/run/rtpproxy.sock")
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_disable", 1)
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_disable_tout", 60)
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_tout", 1)
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_retr", 5)

Seems like all one really needs, when using mediaproxy would be:

modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_disable", 1)

Also, other configuration examples I have seen use the nathelper
natping_interval to assist in those particular nasty NAT/Firewall
configurations.

modparam("nathelper", "natping_interval", 180)

Overall your tool generates a very detailed configurations that should,
at the very least, educate more people on how to properly configure OpenSER.

Thank you for this great tool.

Jeremy McNamara