[Users] SDP Parser

Tue Feb 20 11:53:51 CET 2007

Michel Bensoussan wrote:
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Parsing the SDP does not give you the used codec as there may be
>> several codecs in the SDP and you do not know which codec is used by
>> the clients.
> This is true for INVITE message but as I understand (but I'm not
> familiar with SIP), in the OK message, we can determine which codec is
> used. No?

Not always. Often the 200 OK contains only one codec which will be used
by both parties. But I think there may also be asynchronous codec
(caller sends G711, callee sends G729).

>> But for example you can use mediaproxy. Mediaproxy allows you to
>> retrieve the status of all current calls (codecs, bandwidth, ...)
> Well, the mediaproxy module needs an external proxy server. So it seems
> to be too heavy for my needs.
> The real time session statistics (from MediaProxy Server) will be very
> useful but I'm not sure it's a good idea to use the server it if I don't
> need the NAT traversal features.

If the media goes directly from caller to callee I wonder why you need
to know the bandwidth at all as the RTP packets may be out of your network.

regards
klaus

>> regards
>> klaus
>>
>> Michel Bensoussan wrote:
>>> Hello
>>> For each voice session I need to know the used codec (for bandwith
>>> calculation). For that I need to parse the SIP message body.
>>> I didn't find in OpenSER such a functionality.
>>> Is there a module that doing that?
>>> Or maybe someone is working on it?
>>> A suggestion for an open source?
>>>
>>> Thanks.