[Users] codec translation

Atle Samuelsen clona at cyberhouse.no
Thu Feb 15 12:04:02 CET 2007

Hi Again Stefano,

Me and Stefan Sayer made a patch to rtpproxy and to nathelper module in
ser, so it changes the sdp, and do transcodeing. It works, but it has a
few bugs in the nathelper code atleast, and it needs atleast a function
to check codecs etc.

but, on the other hand.. we have had a few calls over it, and it seems
to work rather Ok when my nathelper patch does'nt crash ser :-)

So, if anyone is willing, they can proberbly get to adopt the code, and
productify it.

So alittle status on the code:

The code was written for SER trunc about half a year ago. The nathelper
part is written by me, who does'nt do C very much, so that part is very
flacky. but as a proof of concept it works.

There is a need of a function as decribed above that can check what
codecs the UA supports.

- Atle

* Stefano Capitanio <s.capitanio at caspur.it> [070215 11:52]: