[Users] codec translation

raviprakash sunkara sunkara.raviprakash.feb14 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 10:52:59 CET 2007

Hello Daniel ,

I'm Also Having the Same doubt on g729 Codec,

I'm  using RTPproxy with Nathelper ,
OpenSER and RTP proxy does  media signaling when the Call is Established,

My main question is
Is RTP proxy support the G729, with OpenSER,

With out using the Transcoder ( Asterisk ) How can OpenSER signals the G729
Codec.

On 2/15/07, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <daniel at voice-system.ro> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> you need a transcoder in the middle. OpenSER does only signaling, so it
> is not able to transcode. Asterisk, for example, does.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 02/15/07 10:57, tusker keg wrote:
> > Howdy
> >
> > I have a situation  I hope you guys will help me out with
> >
> > I am receiving  call from a VOIP  peer  (SIP Call) and the peer can
> > only send them as G711.
> > I need to redirect to call to another voip peer over the wan and due
> > to bandwidth considerations I need to translate the codec to g729.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to do this,
> >
> > Sample config file will be help
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > ./Tusker