[Users] RADIUS acc ok, RADIUS auth not

Luca Corti luca at leenoox.net
Tue Feb 6 17:30:09 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm having a hard time getting RADIUS auth to work at all. I've reached
the point where I am debugging the network traffic with tshark.

I can see RADIUS packets generated from the openser box for accounting,
but no RADIUS authentication packets are sent. Also, it seems no
response comes back from the RADIUS server even for accounting requests.
radclient against my radius server returns me an Access-Reject at least
and the tshark dump contains auth request and response.

OpenSER 1.1.1 tells me:

Feb  6 17:27:04 openser openser[22596]: rc_send_server: no reply from
RADIUS server

I suspect the issues lie in the radiusclient-ng layer. I'm using
radiusclient-ng from Debian Etch (0.5.3-2), but I see many branches in
CVS, like RELENG_0_5_5 which seems newer.

thanks