[OpenSER-Users] Want to know about configuring openser as strict router

Tue Dec 18 15:28:53 CET 2007

Hi!

Openser is a loose-router. This means that the inserted Record-Route
header do have the ;lr parameter. Thus, other SIP clients know that
openser is a looserouter and weill send messages in loose-router syntax.

On the other hand, openser checks if the next route header and/or the
RURI contains the ;lr parameter to make conversion from/to strict-router
syntax.

Thus, depending on if the previous and next hops are strict or loose
routers, openser will do the conversion (by using the loose_route()
function).

regards
klaus