[OpenSER-Users] publish with empty body

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Tue Dec 18 11:38:49 CET 2007

El Tuesday 18 December 2007 11:21:50 Juha Heinanen escribió:
> while testing a new sip ua, i noticed that at some point it sent (don't
> ask me why because i don't know) a publish request without any body.

Could you say with UA it is?

I reported a bug about "PUBLISH with empty body" but haven't got time to test
it properly:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1821002&group_id=139143

Maybe it's related. In my report I thought that it is problem related
to "pua_usrloc" but not sure of that now (as I say before I need to test and
try it again).

> it
> was not an initial publication, because it contained SIP-If-Match header
> with an etag.  the publication was for even package presence.
>
> what openser presence server did was that it accepted the publish with
> 200 ok that contained a NEW etag value in its SIP-If-Match header.

In the bug I refer Anca said:

"The pua_usrloc module sends a Publish with a body only when the initial
Register arrives- it has basic status open. The next Publish messages for
expire update - triggered by re-Register messages- and the final one when the
client unRegisters(where Expires: 0) do not contain a body, as they represent
an update for Expires and not the state previously published."

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es