[OpenSER-Users] get Count of items in lists

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Dec 14 12:20:26 CET 2007

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Dave Singer wrote:
> I'm a little confused. Are you saying there is a transformation {s.count}
> that can be applied to avp's to get the number of items in an avp
> list/stack?
> I don't see any documentation for one at the link that you sent me. I had
> already scoured it looking for something to help me, but checked again in
> case something had changed.
> It sound more like you are saying that there is no such functionality and
> suggesting that I code/create a new transformation.

Hi Dave,

yes, i wanted to say something like that. :-) Just wanted to start a
discussion about the possibility of a new transformation function.

> Unfortunately my "Programing" experience is quite rusty, the last time I
> looked at C/C++ was in College almost 15 years ago. Not to mention already
> not enough time in a day to get done what I'm supposed to do. Maybe some
> time in the future I/we will be able to contribute code to openser and/or
> modules, but not now. We are pushing hard to have a quality sell able
> product/service.
> Or company is planning to contribute back to openser in several ways. When
> we get our servers setup and working, providing a stable, load-balanced,
> scalable platform that our sales team can sell our services with
> confidence, we are planning to post our openser.cfg files highly commented,
> along with database structure changes(added tables, views, colums,
> indexes...), example data, and a way to manage the data.

Sounds great!

> So for now (assuming you are saying there isn't something there now) I'll
> have to use what is currently available and hope that someone else with
> more experience and time finds these features valuable enough to implement
> them. I like the idea of a transformation but maybe like this:
>    $var(step_count) = $(avp(s:list){ary.count})
>    while ( $var(step_count) != 0 ) {
>       $var(working_var) = $(avp(s:list){ary.index,$var(step_count)});
>       # do some stuff on this reverse process list.
>       # also we are not deleting list items to get to other list items.
>    }
>  and later used like...
>    $var(step_count) = $(di{ary.count}); # if $di was a list/array of all
> the Diversion headers
>    # same as in avp example above with other PV that could be lists/arrays
>
> Also as the original email for this conversation stated, we need a
> {s.count,seperator} to compliment {s.select,index,seperator}

You could open a feature request on the tracker [1] with the proposed
enchancements.

Cheers,

Henning

[1] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=139143&atid=743023