[OpenSER-Users] Timeout between 100 and 180/183 Messages

Dioris Moreno nesken at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 22:58:01 CET 2007

I know fr_timer controls the timeout for provisional responses, and
fr_inv_timer controls the timeout for final responses. Also, the TM Module
documentation explains:
"fr_timer - this timer is used when no response was received yet. If there
is no response after
fr_timer seconds the timer triggers (and failure route will be executed if
t_on_failure() was
called). If a provisional response was received, the timer is set to
fr_inv_timer for INVITE
transactions, and RT_T2 for all other transactions. If a final response is
received, the transaction
has finished."

I understand this "If a provisional response was received, the timer is set
to fr_inv_timer for INVITE", but how can I set a different timeout for cases
when I have received 100 Trying and I didn't get a 180/183 Ringing? This is
the example mentioned in documentation:

"For example: You want to have fail over if there is no provisional response
after 3 seconds, but you
want to ring for 60 seconds. Thus, set the fr_timer to 3 and fr_inv_timer to
60."

How can I get a fail over if there is no provisional response after 3
seconds, a fail over if there is no 180/183 message after receiving 100
Trying of 10 seconds, and I want the SIP client rings for only 60 seconds?

I'll appreciate any help

Dioris Moreno