[OpenSER-Users] Problem with setting the Acct-Authentic Radius Attribute

Dan-Cristian Bogos dan.bogos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 20:46:27 CET 2007

Folks,

I am trying to make use of Acct-Authentic to identify authenticated
sessions inside accounting packets. All  ok, no problem with
dictionaries, but when it comes to receiving the value in freeradius
server, I get all sort of strange ones (integers).
I am already using Acct-Authentic properly working with other software
on the same radius server.

Here is my config:

modparam("acc", "radius_extra", "
                                        Called-Station-Id=$tu;
                                        Calling-Station-Id=$fu;
                                        Canonical-URI=$tu;
                                        User-Name=$au;
                                        Sip-User-Realm=$ar;
                                        Source-IP=$si;
                                        Source-Port=$sp;
                                        Acct-Authentic=$avp(s:acct_authentic);
                                        From-Header=$hdr(from);
                                        User-Agent=$hdr(user-agent);
                                        Contact=$hdr(contact);
                                        Event=$hdr(event)")

I have tried different values for the $avp(s:acct_authentic): 1, "1",
RADIUS, "RADIUS", etc. and each time I got a corresponding encoded.
EG: If I will set the AVP through SIP-AVP or directly inside the
routing script, for acct_authentic=1 I will receive in radius
Acct-Authentic = 49.

Are there any developers around who have implemented radius support in
ser/openser and could help me troubleshooting this issue?

My openser version:

openser -V
version: openser 1.2.2-tls (i386/linux)
flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, DISABLE_NAGLE,
USE_MCAST, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC,
FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
svnrevision: 2:3003M
@(#) $Id: main.c 2304 2007-05-25 16:36:07Z bogdan_iancu $

Ta,
DanB