[OpenSER-Users] how does fix_nated_register() work?

Tue Dec 4 15:27:43 CET 2007

Daniel Grotti schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I have a user behind NAT with address : sip:userA at 192.168.10.210:42276.
> When user send REGISTER, the proxy checks if user is behind NAT. If it
> is, proxy makes:
>
> fix_nated_register();
> force_rport();
> setbflag(6).

fix_nated_register will write the source socket (IP:port) into an AVP.

During save() this AVP will be stored in location table (received column)

After lookup(), $ru will be populated by the contact URI and $du will be
populated with the received URI.

I guess in your case the NAT device does "port preservation", thus the
private and public ports are the same. This is common for many NAT
devices, but may cause problems if the NAT also does "port overloading".

regards
klaus