[OpenSER-Users] Remove header from Cancel

Jarkko Nevala jarkko.nevala at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:03:50 CET 2007

Hello.

Is it possible to remove Route: -header from Cancel requests. I have an user
agent that inserts Route: -header in Cancel requests. I've already tried to
get rid of it with remove_hf("Route") function, but it did not have any
effect. From what I understand is, that this header is quite unnecessary in
a stateful proxy, because the Cancel messages are handled hop-by-hop basis.
It's just that it causes problems at the next hop proxy.

I didn't even know about this problem with the UA before I started using the
development version of OpenSER, the 1.2.2 version removed the Route: -header
automatically before relaying Cancel forward.

Thank you
JN