[OpenSER-Users] Presence/XCAP Problem

Anca-Maria Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Wed Aug 22 10:15:51 CEST 2007

Hello,

In fact the problem with the xcap document sent by the eyebeam client is
not with that it does not comply with the draft, but with RFC 4745. The
syntax of the 'identity' element is not as described in section 7.1.

Klaus Fleischmann wrote:
> Sebastian,
> as far as I see, the authorization XML data of openser 1.3 is based on
>  the latest draft (draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-10.txt), your
> xcap.xml looks elder. I attach a xml that works with openser 1.3.
>
> /Klaus
>
> Schumann Sebastian wrote:
>> Hi Anca
>>
>> The authorization XML data is attached. The normal generated by eyeBeam
>> which was successful in the past.
>>
>> In the meantime, I figured out, that the subs_state changed from "words"
>> to "numbers".
>>
>> Is there a documentation about the mapping or are the changes noticed
>> somewhere? Maybe I didn't check a previous annoucement, but I think this
>> will most likely cause the error, as the XCAP-Lite uses "activated"
>> "terminated" etc. instead of just "1" or "2", which my OpenSER uses
>> right now. The XCAP-Lite changes the state according to the XML data, am
>> I right?

The change in status syntax does not affect in any way the document
interpretation. The XCAP-Lite server only writes the whole document in
xcap_xml table without interpretation so it does not have to know about
the changes.

regards,
Anca