[OpenSER-Users] Error compiling Perl module

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Mon Aug 6 10:35:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Thursday 02 August 2007, Víctor Cartes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I've got an error while trying to compile the Perl module. The out I
> got is this:

> # make modules=modules/perl modules
>
> make: *** [modules] Error2
>
> Just that!
>
> Here you've got some datails about my system:
>
> Linux Distribution: RedHat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.

the critical parts of compiling the Perl module are the availability of (a
functional) xsubpp executable and the Perl headers and libraries. For most
distributions (sorry, I currently don't have access to a RedHat system),
these are part of a perl-devel, perl-dev or similarly named package.

One user reported a broken xsubpp script on a RedHat or RedHat-derivate system
some time ago; please check whether your xsubpp script executes correctly.

You may try to execute
=======================================
xsubpp -typemap `perl -MConfig -e \
'print $Config{installprivlib}'`/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap \
openserxs.xs > openserxs.c
=======================================
in the perl module directory. Check whether the resulting openserxs.c file
contains reasonable-looking C source.

Please also check whether there is a perl-devel or perl-dev (or similarly
named) package for your distribution. On Debian systems, a package
libperl-dev is required.

   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ Perfekte Ausreden, Teil 1209:
\ ...das geschieht in Abstimmung mit den neuen ISO-Normen.