[Users] ds_select_dst("1","0"): hash on callid

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:56:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm having some interesting results with using the ds_select_dst
function to load balance asterisk boxes.  I.e. packets with
method==INVITE are routed with ds_select_dst.
when using two destinations in the dispatcher.txt file, the calls get
disproportionately sent to one destination, unless i'm using the
callid hash.  However callid's property of changing with every invite
(reinvite, etc) causes me to question it's suitableness.

For example:
A calls B, puts B on hold, takes B off hold.  Error prone or not?
A calls B, puts B on hold, calls C, conferences.
Ad nauseum.

Am I missing something?
Is there a better approach?
Should it Just Work, even hashing on callid?

Mark Price