[Users] TLS : Please help for TLS concept

Ferianto siregar ferianto_voip at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 05:43:07 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Thank you very much for all your time to read this message.
All, I now have problem with TLS security concept. I have tried to read the tutorial (tls.html) from www.openser.org.
I have read it many times. But, I still confused to undestand it. Would you mind help me, Please?

Here are my questions:
1. How can we evidence that the communication that using TLS is secure communication? (Real proof)
2. When using TLS, how can we know that the communication has been eavesdropped?
3. Is TLS just use port 5061? If yes? How can TLS can protect the communication from sniffer who knows TLS using port 5061?
4. What kind of type encryption that TLS use?
  5. What sofware that we can use to test for making a call in opeser with TLS support? I have tried minisip, but I always get error message..Please...

I realize that my undestanding in reading TLS tutorial is weak.
I do hope, anybody can help me, Please...

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Ferianto