[Users] proxy authorization required sent to the wrong port

Benko benkokakao at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 18:42:45 CEST 2006

Hello!

I've tried to modify my setup to use rtpproxy, following the guide
posted at http://siprouter.onsip.org/doc/gettingstarted/, most of it
works fine, but i have a small but annoying problem:
When i receive a invite from a UA, i verify the identity with
proxy_authorize. However, the proxy-authenticate-request is not sent
to the originating sip-port of the UA but to 5060 for some reason.

In my old setup this worked flawless, the proxy authorize request is
sent to the correct external port of the phone.
To me it seems there is no difference in this part of the route-plan,
so how does this happen?
I have attached both config-files and a ngrep of the requests(*.old
is the working setup, *.rtpproxy is the new setup that doesn't work),
maybe someone can help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Regards
Christian