[Users] auth ACK and BYE?

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Tue Sep 26 22:50:58 CEST 2006

I just noticed that my SIP phone sends authentication credentials for
ACK and BYE in a session where the INVITE required authentication credentials.
I recognize this as a good thing... but it also surprised me.

Currently, I don't handle it in my openser.cfg... I neither ask
for the credentials nor do I strip them off before passing the
message down the line... other than for INVITE.

I'm going to correct this in my config, and I thought it worth
mentioning for others just in case others also hadn't considered it.

-mark