[Users] What causes loose_route() to return false ?

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Mon Sep 25 18:20:57 CEST 2006

Hi list,

in numerous example configuration files, I saw the following statement
(where "route(1)" is the final routing block):

% if (loose_route()) {
% 	route(1);
% }
%
% ...
%
% route(1);

It works for me, but I am just wondering what causes the loose_route()
function to return a failure ?  In this case, it seems number of actions
used to be performed before calling the final message routing block.

Naturally, I checked the rr module documentation, but the descriptions is
very small and only refers to RFC 3161.  I have read some parts of this
RFC, thus I know what loose routing means (basically, it uses always the
same URI all along the proxy string, removing IP addresses in the Route
header gradually, contrariwise to strict routing which puts the real URI
at the end of the Route header and use the next proxy as URI).  In spite
of this, I cannot figure why this function should fail.

I'm pretty confident this is to help for the scripting logic, and I was
supplied with some explanations.

Thank you.
Jeremie Le Hen