[Users] Re: Users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 53

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Fri Sep 22 22:55:38 CEST 2006

Andrew And wrote:
>  How is DNS resolution If I have some Openser destination and I use
> t_relay()?

and Klaus replied:
> according to RFC3263. Depending on the URI (numerical/domain, with or
> without port, with or without transport protocol) it us NAPTR+SRV+AAAA/A

and my question (with a GeorgeBush squint) is: "What?"

Suppose I get this on sip.example.com:

INVITE 14085551212 at sip.example.com

What do I need to do in openser to find out if I should t_relay that to
a VoIP destination, because 14085551212 is known in the e164 hierarchy
(both e164.arpa and e164.org), versus just shipping it off to my pstn
gateway?

Thanks,
-mark