[Users] compiling OpenSER on Solaris 10 x86

Nick De Cristofaro nickdc at link2exchange.com
Fri Sep 22 14:24:13 CEST 2006

I'm having a lot of difficulty compiling OpenSER on Solaris 10. Firstly
I was missing a lot of packages which I needed to download from
sunfreeware.com (gcc, ld) the /usr/bin/ccs version of make does not work
on the makefile

here is the error:

bash-3.00# make
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile.sources, line 18: Unexpected end
of line seen

I looked in the file but I don't see how it would complaing of some
unexpected end of line.

I then followed to try GNU's make I downloaded. and then I get an error
on the /usr/bin/ccs/lex and yacc's (it mentioned to use yacc and not
bison) the error was:

bash-3.00# /usr/local/bin/make all
yacc -d -b cfg cfg.y

conflicts: 1 shift/reduce
lex cfg.lex
"cfg.lex":line 102: Error: missing translation value
make: *** [lex.yy.c] Error 1

Then I decided to try flex instead of lex.

bash-3.00# /usr/local/bin/make all
yacc -d -b cfg cfg.y

conflicts: 1 shift/reduce
flex cfg.lex
flex: fatal internal error, exec failed
make: *** [lex.yy.c] Broken Pipe
make: *** Deleting file `lex.yy.c'

so I'm kindda stuck, it's apparently been compiled on the x68 s10
platform before so there must be some sort of makefile modifications I
must make everywhere ?

Anyone know what may be going on? I was hoping there would be a package
OpenSER version for solaris built somewhere :S

Thanks!
Nick