[Users] redundancy

Ramin Dousti dousti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 16:33:36 CEST 2006

On 9/21/06, Steve Blair <blairs at isc.upenn.edu> wrote:

Hi Steve,

> In the proxy you can check the status of the t_relay and take corrective
> action based on the result. Something like "if (t_check_status("403"))
> ... do something... " should work. What action you take will depend upon
> the desired outcome. You could send the call to voicemail, a greeting
> server, a different gateway, etc.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for. But there are some problems I'm
facing, which most probably is due to my own lack of understanding about
the available knobs:

1- When t-relay() return, the proxy already send the failure notice to
 the client. This is not what I want, the "corrective action" must be
transparant
to the user.

2-  I have two SRV's with the same weight, I do not see any kind of round-robin.
The request goes to only one of them.

Here is the (probably faulty) config:

route {
                rewriteport ("");
                #t_on_failure("1");
                xlog("L_INFO", "Got the call\n");
                if (! t_relay()) {
                       if (t_check_status("(403|487)|(408|477)")) {
                           xlog("L_ERR", "initial call failed\n");
                           if (t_newtran()) {
                             xlog("L_ERR", "Let's try again\n");
                             t_relay();